Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Travel Habits

I'm down here in the questionable outskirts of Richmond, VA and I'm realizing what a creature of habit I am.  I know, shocker!  But for real, it's almost scary.  A few details from this visit that precisely match the past few trips I've made down here:

1) I am staying at the same Holiday Inn express.  On the same floor even.

2) I forgot toothpaste. And I tried to avoid judgment because I never realize it until the morning, showing that I still haven't fully mastered the twice a day every day routine

3) I forgot pajamas (I always forget pajamas.  Even when I go home.  I still wear the same set of PJ's from circa 2002 that are too small but Mama H always washes them and puts them back under my pillow.)

4)I get a Chick-Fil-A lemonade from across the street.  I know I once again live in a CFA served city, but it still tastes best after some sort of road trip.

5)I get too cold.  And then too hot.  And then too cold.  Probably due to the missing pajamas. So I curse these wimpy blankets and dream that instead I'm at a Westin on a heavenly bed

6)I eat a cinnamon roll for breakfast.  With apple juice.  And I almost spill the juice trying to not drop the cinnamon roll while opening the door to my room

7) Coming soon, I will drive home singing along to bad radio music, get tired of the music, start talking to myself about possible stories I could write, and swear I'm not coming back down here until I absolutely have to hire more people again

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh at this post. We are def sisters. Last week in in Chicago, I stayed at the same hotel, went to the same restaurants and ordered the same food and dessert(yummy red velvet) as all of my other Chicago trips, and I shopped at the same stores that I go to on each visit. You would think that I would branch out given that I am in a bigger city. But I love that NY and Co is two full floors and has tons of TALLS. Now that's not something that you can find every day. LOL. Now...where we are different...I packed toothpaste and have mastered the routine; even packed floss :), pjs were packed but I had to laugh b/c I know the teal ones that you are talking about with Mama H. Admittedly, I switched that heat/cool button fifty million times though. I chalked it up to user error but was glad that I didn't catch a cold. Anyway, I enjoyed this one :) Travel safely back to J Man

    ReplyDelete