Friday, January 13, 2012

Eight Thankful Weeks

Every week I get more and more shocked by how soon this little guy will be here.  I mean, I can feel it's getting close.  The midnight leg cramps, the back discomfort, the hitting myself with the car door because I can't slide where I used to.  All that says "coming soon to an empty nursery near you."

exactly 32 weeks


Speaking of empty nurseries though, I am so amazed by the generosity of our friends and coworkers.  I shouldn't be, because J-Man and I like to think we surround ourselves with pretty fabulous people, but still.  I have bags and bags of hand-me-downs already.  I'm pretty sure this kid will be better dressed and with more options than I have and we haven't even had the shower yet.

And speaking of the shower - super psyched to get to see some of my favorite people tomorrow.  I even had a dream about it two nights ago and woke up as disappointed as a 5th grader who erroneously dreamt of a snow day in May.

Every time I look at the pile of baby gear in the nursery, only one tiny item of which has been purchased by us, I get all teary.  Then I start going through all these blankies and onesies and I ooh and ahh and imagine.  I try not to look at the rest of the emptiness of the room, but soon enough there will be furniture and shelves and places for a baby to exist.  At least, I think that'll happen...  Otherwise PDG will grow up to be more like his parents than expected, with lots of piles that make sense to pile people.  Fingers crossed for a more organized future. Come on nesting, work your magic on this third trimester, insomniac, mama-to-be.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the room when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so it seems the ROOM is almost ready...yes, we're excited to see the ROOM in two weeks. . .

    ReplyDelete