Monday, December 16, 2013

PDG at 21 months

Everyone told me my baby PDG would look huge once I held my newborn, and boy were they right!

The little boy I've spoiled and carried and rocked for nearly two years instantly looked like... a kid.  A big kid.
with his bff Lil O
He's 21 months old now, and he's doing a pretty great job being a big brother.  He gives kisses - even when the baby is sleeping and probably shouldn't be bothered - and likes to pat MDG's head softly.  He brings his mama diapers and wipes, then watches intently to see how MDG has the same parts he has, before disposing of the dirty diaper afterwards.  On occasion, he will try to shove a pacifier in his little brother's mouth, crying or not, and then decide to put it in his own mouth when MDG rejects it.  Hey - we can't expect perfection.




















As for other updates, he's pretty into being outside.  As in, he LOVES being outside and cries hysterically when it's time to come back in.  We've ventured to the park a little since his brother's birth, but like any outing, getting two kids anywhere right now takes me like five times as long as it used to, and the cold is a definite deterrent.


His speech has continued taking off this month.  When he sees a phone or computer he begins repeating "elmo" as though electronics exist solely to bring him Sesame Street celebrity video clips.  And yes, ok, I've been letting him watch a little more than I'd like to admit.  Just surviving here.

He also has mastered bubbles, mess, blocks, ca-ca (jacket? or coat? or some combo?), doggies and mas (more please?), please and thank you (not just thanks anymore).  Plus a bunch of others I can't remember.  The bigger excitement is how he's putting them into sentences.  Like "thank you mama" or "there he is" or "love you dada" or the most frequent "made a mess" (by which he usually means - look mom, I poured out my milk by shaking it violently until it leaked and now I want to play with wipes to clean it up).

All in all I'm enjoying this phase he's in.  The more dramatic temper tantrums seem pretty age-appropriate and typical for no-longer-only-child adjustment. So we're taking it a day at a time and figuring out what two under two looks like for the next three months.  Oh, and thanking heaven that he still naps for 2-2.5 hours daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment