Sunday, April 20, 2014

Daff-i-dils

Flowers have been a big theme here in the G house this April.  I noted recently how J-Man sent me some beautiful flowers to my work.  And in that same post how little PDG has been noticing the blossoms and buds in the neighborhood on our walk to and from the park.

Well, let's just say that PDG is really into flowers.  Really, really into them.
After enough exclamations of "yellow flowers!" and "purple flowers" it seemed time to teach him new words.  Now, thankfully, this little boy can identify daffodils and tulips by name, and loves to tell me when he sees them.  It's kinda too cute.
This all makes me think of a time before kids, before even trying to have kids (so, yeah, wayyy back) that J-Man and I went on an adventure to northern Washington State.

It's probably obvious that it was the beginning of our marriage when a husband will do just about anything for his wife because it's all new and fabulous and a blessing (not that it isn't now.  it's just.  you know.  the beginning is just so nauseatingly wonderful it's remarkable). I was able to convince J-Man to drive hours just to see flowers.  Granted, it was a town full of fields and fields of flowers as far as you can see.... but it was still just flowers.
What was in it for him?  I think we bought some pickled carrots...?  Pickled something I'm sure. But not many because we were pretty poor.  That sweet, just-married, living-on-love kind of poor.  So I got to take pictures with flowers and J-Man got some sort of salty treat.  Some things about our marriage haven't changed I guess.

And I can only imagine what our PDG would say if he got to visit that festival this year.  I'm sure it would go something like this:

 "Yellow flowers! Daff-i-dils! Flowers! Oh gosh! Yellow flowers! Daff-i-dils! Tulips!"


No comments:

Post a Comment