Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dinosaurs

Last night J-Man and I were having a common disagreement: what to watch on TV

I suggested a brilliant compromise.  I watch 90210 (the new one - no I'm not embarrassed - yes I should be) and then J-Man can watch whatever he wants.

I'm an awesome wife, right?  I know.

So he let me get swept into the weekend getaway episode of the famous zip code.  Can you believe Adriana wants her baby back?  And that Charlie just gave up on Annie like that?  And don't even get me started on how they wrapped up the Mr. Cannon storyline last week....

Then it was his turn.

(diclaimer - this is where I stop being an awesome wife)

Everything he suggested sounded terrible.  TERRIBLE.  Remember a few days back when I mentioned our different ideas of comedy.  Well prime-time TV is just as rough.

I vetoed Arrested Development, SNL, Archer  (what's wrong with me?  These are great shows.  They even sometimes make me laugh.  But not when J-Man wants me to like them.  Am I awful?  I am.  I know it.  I should fix that)

While hashing out these options we had Step Brothers on in the background for oh, maybe the 57th time. The scene after the crazy wife wants to ball up the hairy brother and stuff him in her hoo-ha.  Where the brothers realize they should get along because they're both nutso.  And one turns to the other and asks

"What's your favorite dinosaur?"

Discouraged by our disagreement on quality television (where I recognize that mine isn't quality, but I want us to agree that low quality teen drama is in fact an ironic sort of quality) I turned to Jordan and said

"On the count of three, what's your favorite dinosaur?"

You know what he said?  You really want to know?

Pterodactyl!

He would pick an old-school bird with a big mouth.  Really?

Oddly enough, he had a similar response to my totally reasonable choice: Stegosaurus, of course.

Who can argue against that funny-looking chubby dino with spike-like fins all down his spine?  He's the first dinosaur I remember learning about and the only one I could ever muster to make out of play-doh.

Stegosaurus rocks.  Period

I took pity on J-Man with his flying favorite and figured, maybe he deserves to watch what he wants.  Archer it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment