Monday, February 14, 2011

A Lovenote Transcribed


In case you can't read the above...

(This one's for you, J-Man)


For the first time ever I was inspired by Jenna Bush Hager (bleh) to change my life.  Ok, not really, but to write my valentine a love letter.  Ordinarily I'd ignore, but I remember how much those notes meant to me years ago.  My favorite ever - tucked into my level one Ven Conmigo teacher's textbook - (you remember the one).  How did I luck out finding a man who could melt my heart in ten short words?

So this here, J-Man, is my Today Show inspired note that I handwrote on the shuttle this morning.

Lovebug,

In our 4.5 years together I've fallen in love with you ten thousand times.  Some short, random gestures have inspired this devotion.  Like when you share your juice at 3am, or agree to get out from the warm covers to turn off the kitchen lights.  There are the times you flash that ridiculously free smile and I get butterflies - still.  Remember the day at Olive Garden when you thought I was pregnant because you gave me your mints and I cried?  I wasn't, clearly, but I still loved you enough to confuse my poor hormones.

This list could be endless but the ride is halfway over.

There are the grand gestures too, spread evenly over time.  Weekends in romantic hotels, stolen kisses in foreign, all-inclusive lands, rings, necklaces, jewels, and the big move back East to think about family. My family.  Our family. Sacrifices I can only hope to repay one day.

Even still, after these crazy wonderful years here, we've grown and laughed and loved together.  I will never forget the beginning.  My J-Man, with the leaky sandwich.  My J-Man, known in the program for his colorful language on the Fellow Forum.  My J-Man, who would would dance on a table, buy a coca-cola, and do laundry with the girl one block away.  I thank my lucky stars for the cab ride and the picture of me giving you my "don't take that photo" eye.  The one at the start of your camera.  The night I fell in love with you the first time.

My dear J-Man, you are my valentine.  I love you with all my heart. So will you, like I did on Aug 15, 2006, check one?

[] yes
[] no
[]maybe

Love,
Your Nicole

And for anyone who read through the cheesiness but isn't my J-Man, here's a little V-Day poem for you

Roses are red
Violets are blue
If you read my silly blog
I already love you

1 comment: