Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Birthday Wishes

You know how around your birthday everyone starts asking you what you want?  And there's this pressure to give them good answers.  Something that they could conceivably get for you with minimal effort.  Something within their budget.  Something appropriate.  Something you'd actually use.

I think I hit a mental block this year.  I have no such gift desires.  I don't want a new camera or bracelet.  I don't need new sandals or hair clips.  I'm pretty much set when it comes to stuff.  So, while obviously you can't get me anything I want, here is my unattainable birthday wishlist:

1. A baby (ha! bet you saw that coming) or really, just knowing if  pregnancy is in my cards
2. Stolen kisses and back tickles
3. An infinite supply of peanut butter M&Ms and Reeses eggs
4. A feeling of peace, even just for a day, for my closest friends who need it right now.
5. A waterfall.  I don't know where.  Or why.  But somehow.
6. Easy parking in DC.  Every time.
7. Laundry that washes, dries, folds and puts away itself
8. Dishes that do the same.
9. A dog.  Just for the summer months.  When it isn't rainy outside.
10. The optimism of a six year old
11. The curiosity of a three year old
12. The confidence of an eighteen year old
13. The wisdom of a seventy year old
14. Laughter, every waking hour of every day
15. And, um, to guest star on the CW, before I eventually stop passing for a high schooler

Otherwise, I'm having an afternoon party.  And you should come.  And we should eat burgers and act silly and take pictures.  Just don't tell anyone about my 15 wishes when I blow out the candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment