Monday, May 9, 2011

On Prince Charmings

If you're worried this will be a sappy love post about J-Man, rest assured, it's not.  He's in trouble right now.  This morning I woke up with a sore throat.  And more than one sneeze per hour.  And this tickle in the back of my head that I can't resolve with sniffling or swallowing or scrunching up my face and making that clicking sound by my tonsils.  The things we deal with when we decide to spend our lives with another human being that is equally capable of hosting germs.

This, my friends, is about Prince Charming. You know the one.  Kind.  Rich.  Handsome.  Chaste.


Over the weekend I had a lovely time.  I had friends and burgers and a pink tiara.  Justin Bieber even came to my party!
Ok, not really.  But we had a lot of fun pretending.  And I loved taking pictures of the whole shebang.  And that M got to where a sweatshirt with M on it.

Anyway, it was a perfect end to a rollercoaster up and down week.  Honestly, I don't remember the last time I had such an emotional week.  Not that it was all bad, just all over the place.

So Saturday was happy.  Me and friends and food.  At the end of the day it had dwindled down into a mini-princeton reunion.  And as you'd expect, we were having very serious conversations on topics like, you guessed it, Disney movies.

The best part was when we realized that each of us still sings, with odd regularity, that song from Mulan.  The one that starts "Let's get down to business.  To defeat.  The huns...."  You know the one.  You're singing along right now.  Even J-Man has been known to join in with me now and again.  (I can tell on him since he's in trouble for this sinus mess).

KB sings it when it's time to do cleaning.

Just this morning I was thinking of it when gathering all my purse necessities to start another work week.  Right after I turned off the Today Show and before I grabbed an extra pudding for a morning snack.

It was a different friend who mentioned a website of sexy disney princes.  Go on, click on it.  You know you're curious.  There were some I couldn't place, perhaps I was too old already when they came out?  Old enough to not have a crush on a cartoon. Not like when I would dream of being Ariel, blowing my bangs out of my face, talking to seagulls and singing with handsome men on the beach.

This link might've shattered my innocence, even at the ripe old age of 25, that I turned, again, last week.

A few of my thoughts, however:

Eric's tattoo. Classic.

Peter Pan and his never-grown-up boyishness borderline on creepy/inappropriate
Is it just me or does Dr. Sweet play into some stereotypes?  Is that why there's yet to be a legit black prince?  Because they'd draw him so... full-figured?
Why is Gaston soo hairy?  Is that what eating all those raw eggs does to a man?
And how did a real-life Orlando Bloom get classified as a cartoon character?  Aren't there real pics out there of him all Caribbeanified?

What do you all think?  As dashing and charming as you remember?

Oh, and if you're wondering, I'll probably skip writing about mother's day this year.  But this blog I follow, despite never having met her, says just about everything I need to say.  Including taking a flower (or a chocolate) from a deacon, and not thinking twice.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Those drawings were hilarious! And your comments about them totally cracked me up... that's so true about Orlando Bloom! Why???

    ReplyDelete