Sunday, March 3, 2013

First Haircut

You may have seen on facebook already, but we cut PDG's hair.
I'm not going to pretend like it was some planned-out, carefully considered decision.
It was spur of the moment.  It was almost instantly regretted.  Then, moments later, appreciated.

In typical G style, I got too emotional at the future looming nostalgia for the present moment.  I told J-Man I was nervous about when we would eventually cut the hair.  J-Man brought me back to reality.
I overcompensated by saying, "let's just do it now.  if we're going to do it anyway, why wait?"
J-Man waited, asking if I was sure, knowing this can often be a charade to get him to do things my way while pretending I was on board to do it his way.
I didn't change my mind.
 So we strapped PDG in the high chair, pulled out the same shaving kit J-Man uses on his own hair, and went to town.

Some tears later (none of mine though) PDG looked like a little boy.

Thank heavens he isn't walking yet or he really wouldn't seem like my baby at all!




1 comment: