Saturday, August 13, 2016

Cricket Lick-It

I love my J-Man for many reasons, but one is that he has the wildest appetite of anyone I know. Through him I've begun to eat sushi, Thai, jerky, Ethiopian, and learned that there are people on this planet who actually buy slim jims, eat corner store chicharrones for breakfast, pickle their own eggs in leftover pickle juice, prefer sparkling water with lemon to lemonade, and believe that adding hot sauce all over a meal is a compliment and not an insult to the chef.

Also, as of this summer, he's taught our boys to eat crickets.
See, hidden in those "Cricket Lick-it" lollipops are actual dead crickets. They were nervous at first. Who wouldn't be? MDG figured he'd do whatever PDG did though, and PDG wanted to be brave like J-Man so he went for it. He made it all the way to the cricket's head and kept on going.

MDG didn't quite get that far, but to be fair, MDG's cricket was embedded further down in the lollipop itself, and this was a near-bedtime treat that therefore had a built-in time limit. Maybe if we'd had all afternoon we could've found out just how brave he was.
Either way, I was impressed. We facetimed with Mama and Papa H who were impressed too. As for Big Sis, I have a great screenshot of her looking disgustedly sick as PDG licked away, but it's maybe not the most flattering so I'll spare the interwebs.

I'm not sure what delicacy they'll tackle next, but I can only hope that they don't start thinking that just any dead bug is fair game. Only ones trapped in hard candy and sold in trendy barbecue joints with just the right marketing to catch the eyes of a guy like their daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment