Sunday, July 31, 2016

More Spring Break

I swear I'll get to summertime photos soon, but first let me fulfill my promise to finish up Spring Break.

After a lovely trip to visit Big Sis, the boys and I headed to Mama and Papa H's house. There they were fully spoiled and played with the ever delightful though totally unnecessary Gator truck they'd just been bought. (Keep in mind we never had any Power Wheels growing up. But it's cool. No big deal. Save all the cool stuff for the grandkids. Whatevs.)
To fill the other days we set out to the great parks in the area. Frying Pan Farm is one of our favorites, and it was just in time to see brand new baby piglets alongside all the traditional barnyard occupants.




Before Easter rolled around we headed out to one more egg hunt. PDG had to practice some intense patience as the 0-3 year olds got a head start and he had to stand back, watching his little brother start to find the ones spread obviously on the grass first. Tears streamed down his face for the sixty seconds or so that he endured such a painful delay. I wasn't sure he'd recover. And yet, soon enough he set out to find his own allotment of ten eggs and happily discovered and devoured a whole range of treats.

It was a great ten days, even if it took me another four months to officially commemorate it. And now that I'm all caught up on March, expect some more up to date stories, thoughts, and photos in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment