Sunday, September 22, 2013

Double Doctor Day

You know how I just looooove doctors right?

Ha!

Well last Friday was double trouble doctor day.  First - the easy one.  PDG had his 18 month check up.  Yes, 18 months.

WHERE DID TIME GO?

J-Man took the day off since he was already feeling a little under the weather and it made my life easier, so the boys had a Daddy/Son extravaganza.  If you know J-Man, the answer is yes, crablegs were involved.



So PDG weighs 28 pounds (90%) and stretches 33.5in (87%) with a 75% head.  My big boy with his big appetite just keeps growing.

He's got maybe 20-30 words these days.  I don't know - we don't keep a list.  But I do enjoy the randomness of them.  From "ouch" to "lights" to "trash" to "up" to that ever elusive "mama" that seems to only come out when he's hungry.... they're all pretty cute in my totally mom-biased opinion.

All four molars are in.  He can occasionally put two words together to say "lights on" or "lights off" and, years before I even considered how this works, he's fallen in love with the switch inside a fridge that triggers the inner light to come on when the door opens.

He's obsessed with our park by the new (fantastic) house we live in and gets a kick out of crunching leaves - fall already? - smushing acorns, and collecting mulch and sticks to give to anyone who'll take them.  

He's a charmer, that boy.  It's hard to imagine there's room to love any more G boys in my life, but I guess we'll make room in 9-10 more weeks.

Which reminds me.... so I also had a checkup last week.  I was 29.5 weeks and feeling great.  Yes, the leg cramps have come back.  And the heartburn.  And, ok, my back and hips seem to be realigning from time to time.  But honestly, no issues here.  I was ready for the usual five minute, pee in a cup, weigh in, blood pressure, heartbeat, and fundal measurement like usual.

All was great til the last one.  She measured.  Then measured again.  Then looked at me and asked "were you measuring small last time?"

Nope.

Leaking fluid?

Nope.

Feeling movements?

Tons.

Hmmm...

Ok, I hate when doctors get that worried look.  Like, you're supposed to keep the crazy hormonal lady calm.  That's your job.

Or, well, ok maybe your job is to keep me and MDG healthy.  So off to an impromptu sonogram we went.  Just to be sure.  I apparently hadn't grown the 3cm I should've since the last appointment, so we needed to take a peek.

MDG cooperated though, and twisted and turned so we could see his 100% healthy little body.  He's just decided to be a burrower like his big brother was.  Over ten weeks to go and he didn't realize he can be stretching.  Nah, he's tucked down super low, long with a skinny little abdomen, all pressed together with his foot in front of his face.
29.5 weeks

If I didn't know that PDG had done the same thing, I'd think this is a sign for an early arrival.  But I'm not going to get my hopes up.  I mean, I'm not ready now.  Heavens no.  But by 37wks I'll probably sing a different tune.

Until then, every time someone gawks at how "small" I am and asks if I'm sure about how far along I am (seriously, folks?), I can rest assured with this most recent sono that MDG and I are doing just fine thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you and MDG are good. Always love knowing that you are happy and healthy. Love those furry purple socks...some great aunt let him wear them?

    ReplyDelete